We care about the environment and do all that we can to create a sustainable business with a small carbon footprint. We have been awarded Green Leader Bronze level by Trip Advisor and won 2016 Environmental Excellence Award from Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce.
- It’s top priority for us to provide a safe, toxin free environment for our employees and guests by using a majority of “green” cleaning products along with laundry soap and scent and dye free fabric softener.
- We recycle our used bath and hand soaps through a program called Clean the World who melts the soap down and repackages it for homeless shelters.
- We have a massive recycling program for the resort which hosts 85 guests at full capacity. We haul our co-mingled recycling twice a week to SJ sanitation. We also recycle our printer cartridges and dispose of batteries and florescent light bulbs properly.
- We do not have tv’s or wi fi in our cabins to encourage guests to UNPLUG. We are part of the OPALCO Peak Project study with our local power company.
- We work with University of Washington labs to allow marine studies to take place on our shoreline.
- We work to remove any invasive plants that arise on the property and landscape with native plants for less watering.
- We do not fertilize any lawns to help protect salmon and other species. We reuse and recycle as many materials as we can for building projects.
- We do not rent any motorized water craft – only man powered.